💙 3rd Annual 💙
Heart Rock HiKe
Saturday, February 10, 2018
C♡♡rdinator: Mariah Nuñez
☼ MEETING TIME 8:00am (for trail head)
HIKE DURATION: 2 Hours (approx)
HIKE LENGTH: 3 (Round trip)
LEVEL: Beginner - 2
ELEVATION GAIN/Change: 308 feet
✳️ All hikes subject to change due to weather or trail conditions.
✳️ Please read ALL the general requirements and guidelines
which apply to this hiKe on this event page!
✳️ Make sure you have a full gas tank ready!
Parking? = Parking is free
Come HiKing-with-Friends to Heart Rock Falls Beginner HiKe. This is a beautiful hiKe for almost anyone. This 2 Mile hiKe covers scenic views a 25 foot waterfall and of course the heart shaped cutout in the rocks above it. There is also lots of shade and trees throughout. We also have a 2nd hike after this hike to Lake Gregory for those who would like to hike more.
HIKE #1 NAME: 💙 Heart Rock Falls 💙
250 N. Highway 138,
Crestline, CA 92325
To Event #1 Heart Rock Falls
via CA-210 E and CA-18 – 38 minutes / 25 miles
1. Head southeast on Sierra Lakes Pkwy toward Augusta Dr
2. Turn right onto Sierra Ave
3. Use the right 2 lanes to take the California 210 E ramp
4. Merge onto CA-210 E
5. Take exit 76 for CA-18/Waterman Ave
6. Use any lane to turn left onto CA-18/N Waterman Ave
7. Use the right lane to take the CA-138 ramp to Crestline
8. Continue onto CA-138 W
9. Slight left
10. Arrive at location: Heart Rock (A “Camp Seely” sign is visible at our arrival location)
CARPOOLING: TIME 8:00 am (only if you want to Carpool)
Recommended Carpooling Location for Hike #1
Ralphs Parking Lot
16225 Sierra Lakes Pkwy
Fontana, CA 92336
- Meet here to carpool to the hike location on your own.
** Note it's about a 35-45 minute drive to the trail head from here.
EXTENDED addition event will be to Lake Gregory.
This will be available after Heart Rock to those who want to continue enjoying their day out in the mountains. We will caravan to location. Lake is not too far from first hiKe.
This event will consist of about 2.5 miles and this covers the entire rim of the Lake. Great for all ages. Some shaded areas, but also some exposure to the sun, as we take the walk around the Lake.
*No adventure pass needed at the Lake.
To Event #2 (12:30-2 pm) - Lake Gregory from 250 California 138 to Goodwin’s via CA-138 and Lake Dr.
7 minutes / 2.4 miles
1. Head southeast on CA-138 E toward Vista Ln
2. Continue straight onto Knapps Cutoff
3. Continue straight onto Lake Dr
4. Turn right onto Lake Gregory Dr
5. Arrive at location: Goodwin's Market 24089 Lake Gregory Dr, Crestline, CA 92325
Beginner 2 – Beginner hikes are 2 - 3 miles in length on mostly level ground. These are the hikes that are targeted to people who have never hiked before, and who have not lead a very active lifestyle (although hopefully we can help).
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THIS HIKE?
1. Like our page
2. Read all the HiKe’s Details on this event page.
3. Make sure that the HiKe Level accommodates your hiKing experience.
4. If, and only if it suits you, then "RSVP/ Click going" for this event and show up the day of the hiKe with all necessary gear and water (we mention everything you need on the details page for this hiKe).
5. ONLY invite your friends that you think can do this hiKe.
6. Check back in a few days after the hiKe for the group picture and tag yourself and friends.
NOTES FROM THE HIKE COORDINATOR:
* If you have plans on splitting from the group, please don’t attend this hike.
* If you have time constraints, please don’t attend this hiKe.
* Please note there is some moderate incline on this trail.
* Pack enough water for this trail
** Strollers are not permitted
** Dogs allowed
** HwF likes to enjoy and get together after hiKe/walk for a bite so if you are carpooling and are limited to time, please reconsider on carpooling or make sure the person you are carpooling is ok with it. ~ Eating-with-Friends
✔ HiKing Boots/ comfortable walking shoes
And a smile ♡♡♡
A WATER CHECK WILL BE PERFORMED.
• For your safety and the safety of the group, if you do not take enough water or are not appropriately equipped for this hike, you will be turned away from doing this hiKe with us even if you show up.
IS IT DOG-FRIENDLY? Yes = This trail is Dog Friendly! While this hike allows dogs on leashes, please for the safety of others please make sure your pets are also people and (other) pet friendly - no exceptions!
• You must pick up after your dog. And carry a small container to give them water.
• Always keep your dog leashed, except when inside a vehicle, tent, dog crate, or portable kennel. Do not allow your dog to wander freely, pursuant to Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 36, Chapter II, Sec. 261.8 (d).
• In addition, your dog must wear a collar with current tags at all times, as state and county laws apply on National Forest System lands.
MY FRIEND SAID I COULD DO THIS HIKE; I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT:
Contrary to popular belief, you know your body and hiKing experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page, as the hiKe may not suite your experience level. We will have a better experience if every hiKe has hiKers of the intended level.
� Please take the time to check out the event page on Facebook for informational pieces leading up to the hiKe. If you do not have a smart phone or are not on Facebook, it is your responsibility to gain access to the event page on Facebook, at least the night before or morning of, and check if any UPDATES have been made. It is your responsibility
DISCLAIMER: HiKing-with-Friends and its Coordinators, Leads, and Support Team do not take responsibility for any harm, bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By clicking "Attending," or attending the hiKe, you confirm that you understand that all outdoor activities such as hiKing, backpacking, and trekking have an associated danger, and will not hold HiKing-with-Friends and its Coordinators, Leads, and Support Team responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water, the right gear, equipment, and/or nutrition essential to complete the hiKe. You are fully responsible for yourself.
PHOTO/VIDEO CONSENT WAIVER:
By Attending our hiKes you grant permission to HiKing-with-Friends to use photographs and/ or video taken of you during this event for use in publications, website, and other forms of media without notifying you. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to you or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photograph(s) and/or video.
Notice: Traveling in the backcountry can be hazardous. You are responsible for informing yourself about these hazards and taking necessary precautions. Be prepared for rapidly changing and sometimes hazardous weather conditions!!!
Not only will you gain physical benefits from hiKing, but you will be able to enjoy beautiful views, discover new places, meet new and friendly people, gain peace of mind, gain balance in life and you will discover that you can be happier! :)
💙 3rd Annual 💙