Pony Ride Parking / Griffith Park (Night HiKe)
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Coordinator: Effin Gentry
TIME: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
HIKE DURATION: 2.5 - 3 Hours (approx)
HIKE LENGTH: 3 - 4 Miles (Round trip)
HiKe LEVEL: Beginner 3
✳️ All hikes subject to change due to weather or trail conditions.
✳️ Please read ALL the general requirements and guidelines which apply to this hiKe on this event page!
• Beginner 3
- Easy hiKes, approximately 3-6 miles round-trips, moderate pace, with possible low to moderate inclines. Intended for first time hiKers with an active life style, teen, some children and some dogs.
Pony Ride Parking
4400 Crystal Springs Dr,
Los Angeles, CA 90027
We will meet in the 1st parking lot at the Little Pony Ride, and from there the hiKe coordinator will choose one of several paths. These hiKes can vary in intensity and length. Certain hiKes will be designed to push you a little harder, others are meant to be slightly easier.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THIS HIKE?
1. Like our page
2. Read all the Hike’s Details on this event page.
3. Make sure that the Hike Level accommodates your hiking experience.
4. If, and only if it suits you, then RSVP for this event and show up the day of the hike with all necessary gear and water (we mention everything you need on the details page for this hike).
NOTES FROM THE HIKE COORDINATOR:
* If you have plans on splitting from the group, please don’t attend this hike.
* If you have time constraints, please don’t attend this hiKe.
* Please note there is some moderate incline on this trail.
* Pack enough water for this trail
** Strollers are not permitted
** Dogs allowed
✔ HiKing Boots/ comfortable walking shoes
✔ Flash light
Colored flash light (except Red)
A WATER CHECK WILL BE PERFORMED.
• For your safety and the safety of the group, if you do not take enough water or are not appropriately equipped for this hike, you will be turned away from doing this hiKe with us even if you show up.
IS IT DOG-FRIENDLY? Yes = This trail is Dog Friendly! While Griffith Park allows dogs on leashes, please for the safety of others please make sure your pets are also people and (other) pet friendly - no exceptions!
• You must pick up after your dog. And carry a small container to give them water.
• Always keep your dog leashed, except when inside a vehicle, tent, dog crate, or portable kennel. Do not allow your dog to wander freely, pursuant to Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 36, Chapter II, Sec. 261.8 (d).
• In addition, your dog must wear a collar with current tags at all times, as state and county laws apply on National Forest System lands.
MY FRIEND SAID I COULD DO THIS HIKE; I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT:
Contrary to popular belief, you know your body and hiKing experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page, as the hiKe may not suite your experience level. We will have a better experience if every hiKe has hiKers of the intended level.
✳️ Please take the time to check out the event page on Facebook for informational pieces leading up to the hiKe. If you do not have a smart phone or are not on Facebook, it is your responsibility to gain access to the event page on Facebook, at least the night before or morning of, and check if any UPDATES have been made. It is your responsibility
DISCLAIMER: HiKing-with-Friends and its Coordinators, Leads, and Support Team do not take responsibility for any harm, bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By clicking "Attending," or attending the hiKe, you confirm that you understand that all outdoor activities such as hiKing, backpacking, and trekking have an associated danger, and will not hold HiKing-with-Friends and its Coordinators, Leads, and Support Team responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water, the right gear, equipment, and/or nutrition essential to complete the hiKe. You are fully responsible for yourself.
PHOTO/VIDEO CONSENT WAIVER:
By Attending our hiKes you grant permission to HiKing-with-Friends to use photographs and/ or video taken of you during this event for use in publications, website, and other forms of media without notifying you. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to you or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photograph(s) and/or video.
Not only will you gain physical benefits from hiKing, but you will be able to enjoy beautiful views, discover new places, meet new and friendly people, gain peace of mind, gain balance in life and you will discover that you can be happier! 🖤
Pony Ride Parking / Griffith Park (Night HiKe)