Temescal Canyon To Skull Rock
Saturday, July 15, 2017
• This hike is near the ocean.. so it should be nice this time of year :)
Coordinator: Effin Gentry
☼ MEETING TIME 8:00am
LEVEL: Beginner 3
HIKE DURATION: 3 Hours (approx)
HIKE LENGTH: 4.5 miles (Round trip)
ELEVATION GAIN:1135 ft
✳️ All hikes subject to change due to weather or trail conditions.
✳️ Please read ALL the general requirements and guidelines which apply to this hiKe on this event page!
✳️ If you do choose to park inside the gate, beware of the stop-sign camera inside the park. It's notoriously trigger-happy
17380 Sunset Blvd,
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
• Meet at the trail head at the end of the parking lot.
We will leave 15 minutes after the meeting time!
You may park inside the park gates (PARKING FEE is $10) or you can park for free on the street on either Sunset or Temescal Canyon Road.
• Beginner 3 - Easy hiKes, approximately 3-6 miles rount-trips, moderate pace, with possible low to moderate inclines. Intended for first time hiKers with an active life style, teen, some children.
This is a very popular hiking spot with great views of the ocean on clear days, a seasonal waterfall, and a densely wooded canyon. We will start hiking up the shady canyon side, take the side trail up to skull rock, a cool Topanga sandstone rock formation that looks like a skull where you can sit in the "eye sockets" and take in the amazing view, the we descend down down the ridge side of the Temescal Canyon loop.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THIS HIKE?
1. Like our page
2. Read the all the HiKe’s Details on this event page.
3. Make sure that the HiKe Level accommodates your hiKing experience.
4. If, and only if it suits you, then RSVP for this event and show up the day of the hiKe with all necessary gear and water (we mention everything you need on the details page for this hiKe).
NOTES FROM THE HIKE COORDINATOR:
* If you have plans on splitting from the group, please don’t attend this hike.
* If you have time constraints, please don’t attend this hiKe.
* There is no charge for parking.
* Please note there is some moderate incline on this trail.
* Pack enough water for this trail
** Strollers are not permitted
** No Dogs allowed
** Small parking inside and is additonal parking outside.
A WATER CHECK WILL BE PERFORMED.
* If you are not adequately prepared, gear or conditioning, you will be turned back for your safety and that of the group
✔ HiKing Boots/ comfortable walking shoes
✔ Parking is free on the street or you can park inside next to the trail head for $10.00 cash you put in an envelope.
Water - 1 to 2 liters
And a smile ♡♡♡
IS IT DOG-FRIENDLY? No
MY FRIEND SAID I COULD DO THIS HIKE; I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT:
Contrary to popular belief, you know your body and hiKing experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page, as the hiKe may not suite your experience level. We will have a better experience if every hiKe has hiKers of the intended level.
✳️ Please take the time to check out the event page on Facebook for informational pieces leading up to the hiKe. If you do not have a smart phone or are not on Facebook, it is your responsibility to gain access to the event page on Facebook, at least the night before or morning of, and check if any UPDATES have been made. It is your responsibility
Temescal Canyon To Skull Rock