Bring your Santa hats
and come kayaking with us!
It's a lot of fun! :)
Saturday, December 30th, 2017
☼ Meeting Time: 8:30am
Effin Gentry, Barnaby Wainfan,
Keith Qualm, Gianni Manzano
• Please feel free to message us if you have any ?
Here is the address:
5437 East Ocean Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90803
✔ We will be meeting to the right side of Leeway Sailing Center by the boat launch.
✔ Parking is either on the street on the beach side or metered on the opposite side. Beach parking lot is also close by.
✳️ It is $14 for each person - If we have 20 people or more!
✳️ It is $19 for each person - If we have less then 20 people.
*this includes a convenience fee and everything you need for Kayaking.. Usually ends between 11:00 -11:30. Feel free to bring any friends or family that would like to go.
✳️ All the participants are required to know how to swim. Also, a life jacket is provided with rental, and the water is almost always flat and calm.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THIS GROUP?
1. Like our page
2. Read all the Kayaking Details on this event page.
3. If, and only if it suits you, then RSVP for this event and show up the day of Kayaking.
4. Check back in a few days after the event for the group picture and tag yourself and friends.
NOTES FROM THE KAYAKING COORDINATOR:
* If you have plans on splitting from the group, please don’t attend this event.
* If you have time constraints, please don’t attend this event.
* PARKING - Free street parking or park in the metered lot on Ocean Blvd.
* Bring change for the parking meters if you don't find parking in the street.
* Wear clothes that you don't mind getting wet.
* They provide the life jackets, zip lock bags, and a map.
* No lockers.. Leave your belongings in the car trunk.
* Public beach restrooms are available by the hut.
** Cash only and exact change is appreciated.
** YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO SWIM
• Water or a drink
• Sun screen
• Sun Glasses
• Dry sack
• Sandals or water shoes
1: Check in with Kayaking-with-Friends coordinater and sign waiver and get your #
2: After everyone has checked in we'll take a group picture.
3 We'll go over to the hut as a group to check in.
4: Watch a 5-minute instructional video about do's and don'ts.
5: Get your paddle and life jacket
6: Go solo kayak or buddy up on a double
7: Paddle out in the water and meet Effin
8: Practice paddling until everyone's in the water
9: We usually circle COUNTER clockwise around the canal
10: We usually take a bathroom break and take a group picture
11: Return to Hut and sign out with your #
PROVIDED BY VENUE:
- Single and Double kayaks with paddles .
- Life jacket-vest.
- Zip lock baggies for your wallet, phones, or other electronic equipment .
- A map.
DISCLAIMER: Kayaking-With-Friends and its Leads / Organizers / Participants do not take responsibility for any harm, bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By clicking "Attending," or attending the trip, you are confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as Kayaking, hiking, and Biking have an associated danger, and will not hold any hike lead / organizer, participant, Kayaking-With-Friends, Endeavor, Advance Hikes, or any group associated not responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water and the right gear / equipment / nutrition essential. You are fully responsible for yourself.
PHOTO/VIDEO CONSENT WAIVER:
By Attending our Kayaking event you grant permission to Kayaking-with-Friends to use photographs and/ or video taken of you during this event for use in publications, website, and other forms of media without notifying you. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to you or unknown, and you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photogragh(s) and/ or video.
Kayaking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and the water, while getting great arm workout.
Sun in the air and water drops in our hair
Bring your Santa hats