Crystal Cove Family Day Hike
via the Loop Trail
Saturday, December 16, 2017
Coordinator: Mendez Leroy
☼ MEET-UP TIME: 8:30am
HIKE LENGTH: 5 Miles (Approx)
HIKE DURATION: 3 Hours (Approx)
ELEVATION GAIN: 744 feet
✳️ All hikes subject to change due to weather or trail conditions.
✳️ Please read ALL the general requirements and guidelines which apply to this hiKe on this event page!
✳️ $15 for a day parking pass.
38681 N Coast Hwy,
Laguna Beach, CA
• We will meet at the El Moro Visitor Center and start our hike at 8:45am.
Beginner 3 - Easy hiKes, approximately 3-6 miles rount-trips, moderate pace, with possible low to moderate inclines. Intended for firest time hiKers with an active life style, teen, some children and some dogs.
Crystal Cove Hike & Beach Day ! lunch @ Beachcomber Café or pack a picnic. The trail features panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, Laguna Beach, and Crystal Cove. The summit has one of the best coastal views in Newport..
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THIS HIKE?
1. Like our page
2. Read all the HiKe’s Details on this event page.
3. Make sure that the HiKe Level accommodates your hiKing experience.
4. If, and only if it suits you, then RSVP for this event and show up the day of the hiKe with all necessary gear and water (we mention everything you need on the details page for this hiKe).
5. ONLY invite your friends that you think can do this hiKe.
6. Check back in a few days after the hiKe for the group picture and tag yourself and friends.
NOTES FROM THE HIKE COORDINATOR:
* If you have plans on splitting from the group, please don’t attend this hike.
* If you have time constraints, please don’t attend this hiKe..
* Please note this trail is very rocky.
* Pack enough water for this trail
** Strollers are not permitted
** Dogs are NOT allowed
✔ HiKing Boots/ comfortable walking shoes
✔ $15 for a day parking pass.
Water - 2 liters
And a smile ♡♡♡
A WATER CHECK WILL BE PERFORMED.
• For your safety and the safety of the group, If you are not adequately prepared, gear or conditioning, you will be turned back for your safety and that of the group.
IS IT DOG-FRIENDLY? No, only service dogs are allowed.
MY FRIEND SAID I COULD DO THIS HIKE; I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT:
Contrary to popular belief, you know your body and hiKing experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page, as the hiKe may not suite your experience level. We will have a better experience if every hiKe has hiKers of the intended level.
� Please take the time to check out the event page on Facebook for informational pieces leading up to the hiKe. If you do not have a smart phone or are not on Facebook, it is your responsibility to gain access to the event page on Facebook, at least the night before or morning of, and check if any UPDATES have been made. It is your responsibility
• Notice: Traveling in the backcountry can be hazardous. You are responsible for informing yourself about these hazards and taking necessary precautions. Be prepared for rapidly changing and sometimes hazardous weather conditions!!!
HiKing-with-Friends and its Coordinators, Leads, and Support Team do not take responsibility for any harm, bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By clicking “Attending,” or attending the hiKe, you confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as hiKing, backpacking, and trekking have an associated danger, and will not hold any coordinator, HiKing-with-Friends, or any group associated responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water, the right gear, equipment, and/or the nutrition essential to complete the hike. You are fully responsible for yourself!
PHOTO/VIDEO CONSENT WAIVER:
By Attending our hiKes you grant permission to HiKing-with-Friends to use photographs and/ or video taken of you during this event for use in publications, website, and other forms of media without notifying you. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the or in the future, whether that use is known to you or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photograph(s) and/ or video..
Not only will you gain physical benefits from hiking, but you will be able to enjoy beautiful views, discover new places, meet new and friendly people, gain peace of mind, gain balance in life and you will discover that you can be happier! :)
Crystal Cove Family Day Hike